Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2.4 GHZ Phones Ring Every 15 Minutes???? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinn3

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
I recently purchased several 2.4 GHZ phones and headsets. All of them are on analog ports on a Definity G3SI V5. They all ring one ring every 15 minutes. Is there anything in the switch that could cause this? Our phones are spread out across 4 floors in a rather large building so I don't know what could be causing interference. Thanks!

turn off the testing on the analog port an this will stop

You might try turning off the "TESTS" option on each stations programing page. We have had similar issues on some of our analog devices & this was the answer.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks for the help guys! That appears to have fixed the problem on my analog ports. I forgot that I have a 2.4 GHZ headset on a 7406D that does the same thing. Any suggestions for it? Thanks!

I've had this issue for about 12 months. The person w/the phone just got used to it. I'd replaced phones, moved it to another location, changed channels, changed ports...changing TESTS to "n" did the trick.

Nice post. Thanks much.

I called support and they said it's a problem with the headset picking up the test signal from the switch. I was told there's no way to turn that off on a digital set. So don't purchase any GNNETCOM 2.4ghz wireless headsets for digital sets if you don't want to listen to the ring every fifteen minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back