Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1Z0-147 , is a course mandatory by Oracle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parbhani

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Hi all ,

I am planning for 1z0-147, the PL/SQL exam, which can give me OCA certification.

Now a days Oracle had made it mandatory that we need to attend a course from Oracle ( and pay a huge money ) to get certifications.

If I want to get OCA by attempting 1Z0-147, do I have to take a course from Oracle ?
I am working PL/SQL since last 8 years, last 2 years in O9i.

Please pass info.

Regards

Generally speaking the rules that apply to you will be the ones that were in affect when you took your first exam.

That being said, if Oracle has decided that everyone has to take a course no matter what, then that's what you'll have to do.

The best way to check things out is to go either ask Oracle, or the testing facility where you take your tests.

Aryeh Keefe

Well, its true for Orcale9i DBA(OCP). I had to pay $1250 for one online course to meet that requirment.Its requirement for 9i OCP, but it doesn't pertains to OCA. I am also planning to take 1Z0-147 too. It might be required for 9i form (OCP), but I'm not 100% certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back