Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1gb network card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacattack

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
GB
I have a v880 and upto recently we had a 10/100 network card working fine.
We switched to a newly installed 1gb card and we cannot establish a network connection.
We rebooted box to get new link which shows correct i.p netmask and broadcast addresses.( using same network cable originally in 10/100 card )
The card is flashing the correct lights.
The card is showing auto-negotiating full and half duplex.
The network is showing the same to that I.P address or so our network guys tell me.
Cannot ping I.P from outside server and cannot get a result code of 1 from the ndd command for lp_1000autoneg_cap.

Any other ideas?

Check the /etc/hostname.<interface file>. This file defines the network interfaces on the local host for IPv4. I think the <interface file> name for a GB card is er1. To be certain that the correct interface file is created, you may have to go through sys-unconfig. This will run sysidtool over again so you can set up you network information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back