Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1a2 technician needed! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackybear

Technical User
Jun 17, 2011
CA
Hello,
I am trying to find someone who used to work with 1A2 systems
in the Montreal region?
I have a 1A2 project and need help!

Thanks

Stephane

You wouldn't like to pay my fee
Perrypj in Miami Fl

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

That stuff was a long time ago! Wish I was closer!!

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Some info...

-I am 50 years old
-Perry and John are older than me
-The rest of the 1A2 techs are on a beach sucking back tequila's or they are dead

So it will be very hard to find an old fart and when you do will they still know how? especially when they lived through the 60's?

lol

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

As others have noted, the 1A2 is a very old, but hardy, system. As to who might be available in the Montreal area, Google might be able to locate someone. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Yep, you are right, they are getting old.

This 1A2 system is behind my BCM50.
I just can't forget the buzzers on these phones. Just love them!

I hope to find someone near one day so we can share...
Found no one on Google :(

Thanks

SL

If this isn't a critical application, find nobody in the Montreal area that knows these systems and feel up to giving it a whirl, consider downloading applicable sections of the Bell System Practices, familiarize what is involved and, slowly/carefully proceed. There are still quite a few people around who know this system and can offer guidance. (I...myself...sadly...am not one of them). [sad]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

I still do 1A2, in fact that is what I use for my phone system. I still have a couple of clients that have 1A2 in service in southern California. You don't have to worry about software or hacking with 1A2!

Blackybear,
Just what does your project entail?

....JIM....

Funny thing is, I'm 53 and still have my IA2 Certificate from 1979 and believe it or not, I still remember it well. Keep in mind there were a lot of variations and manufacturers of IA2, all my experience was with ITT systems. The old 501, 601, 512 and the Beast, the 76A Call Announce. Tie made some variations of Hybrid key as well as Litton and of course the Bell Labs stuff.

Thanks Dexman,
I do have a hard copy of the Bell System Practices.
It helps alot but sometimes you need the field experience !

Regards

SL

Syquest,
I am planning to install my 1A2 system behind my Nortel BCM50 telephone system.
I have 4 analogue lines on my BCM that are not used.

I just miss the sound of buzzers !

Regards,

SL

Blackybear,
What kind of KSU are you using? Depending on the quantity of some things, you probably could fit the whole 1A2 on a BIX 10A or 12E mounting for termination in a highly organized manner for four lines with features. I have been using the BIX cross connect system with 1A2 since the 1980s. It has been the most efficient way to do it, as far as I am concerned.

....JIM....

1 type of cabinet
2. type of phone 5 10 20 30 button phone
3. three pair jumper wire helps.

Can help you with wiring the different phones

Hi Guys,

I have two systems that I can use.
1 four line KSU(shoe box) or
1 six line WE KSU.

Here are the line cards I have;

WE 400HKTU issue 2
WE 400HKTU CO/PBX line CKT

I was able to wire line one on a Logic10 telephone.
When I call the extention the line button blinks telling me that the line is ringing.
I can also hear the buzzer.

When I pick up the call the line button lights up (steady) but there is no communication.

When I hang up, the telephone line starts ringing again.
I get the feeling that the KSU does not pick up the telephone line when I go off hook.

I might be having a line card problem or I do not have the right type of card!

I also tested using the telephone line from my cable modem and with no luck...
Unfortunateley I don't have a Bell Canada land line anymore to make more tests... !

Syquest, I will be using the KSU's 66 block for the wiring. I plan to use only one telephone line per set.
My house is wired with Cat5. I will be changing the telephone wire and amphenole with a 4 pair wire so I can use the actuel Cat5 wires. It will also look nice not having these big 25 pairs!

Each set will have one line. Near the KSU I will have a Logic10 wired in 25 pair with all lines, BLF'S.
From the KSU'S 66 block I will directly patch to my QCBIX main panel for distribution.

Thanks again for your time!
This 1A2 stuff was an ART! Let's keep it alive!

SL

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=acd5ad5a-721d-4b79-8461-c12199db78af&file=DSC02548.JPG
Don't think I've touched a 1A2 this century. Hope you find someone.

Interesting how you love the analog buzzers! They are pretty unique sounding before th age of digital telephony.

I am actually a huge fan of the Nortel electronic call buzz, that short burst of tone that says "hey get off this call and answer the second call!".

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

RLSbutton,
I am presently working at putting thoses buzzers in certain of my M7324.
They will be used for night ringing.
Too bad the Nortel Bcm's only have one Aux Ringer Port!

SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back