Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

19 Trillion dollar transactions causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SACRob

Technical User
Apr 11, 2008
US
OK so I have a very large discrepancy in two accounts my payroll clearing and the payroll account.

The steps I ran were as follows.

I created a GP macro to enter about 89 transactions in the financial>Bank transactions area in gp.
However I did not notice that 6 of the entries had repeating zeroes in the decimal place. This caused GP to enter them in the trillions of dollars. At the end of the macro I got a sql error that is would not be able to enter a null value and the batch got stuck in GP. However all of the transactions posted to both accounts. I removed the batch from the sy00500 table. I fixed the macro and reran it with the correct amounts. At this point I got a call from the CFO at the company stating that we had duplicated allot of transactions and that there was a problem with 6 of them being in the trillions of dollars. He voided out the small value duplicates however we are not able to void out the large amount ones.

So I jumped into sql and modified the GL20000 and gl10000 and put the correct amounts into the transaction that had the trillions of dollars. Now if I do a summary inquiry on the accounts in question they are still stating the 19 trillion dollar issue. But if I go to the detail inquiry the totals at the bottom are correct.

At this point I do not know how to resolve the issue any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to run a reconcile to fix the summary amounts after manually altering the detail records.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

from utilities>financial>reconcile?

When attempting to run the reconcile from transactions>financials>reconcile bankstatement.

the difference is about 99,999,999,225,946.57
so i added a a entry to the adjustments to fix the issue. and hit reconcile it says the amount must be zero. the value says zero at the bottom. We really need some help with this please let me know if there is any additional info you might need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back