Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1888 to 3000 port upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odium48

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
US
Anyone gone through this before? I have a 7.2.2 system and have been tasked with looking into upgrading our ACD from 1888 to 3000 ports.

We don't currently have support from Aspect, only time and materials (don't ask...) Is this even physically possible with this release? I have the physical space for another shelf along with an entire spare unused cabinet from which to pull the shelf and pertinent cards.

I assume this is a fairly big upgrade but I've heard that it's as simple as selecting 3000 ports in the tech applet (configuratin menu) and rebooting. The new config is loaded upon reboot.

Is there a doc or con relative to this? I've searched through eServices but can't find much of anything on it. Any info would be much appreciated!

I believe that you have to have SSC II cards (not just the SSC). And then yes, it is just changing it in the Tech Applet to 3000 ports, and then rebooting. But you will need to make sure you have the right SSC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back