Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1800 denied for TLD and CTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumgarCN

Programmer
Jan 12, 2010
US
I have changed a group of phones to TLD so they are required to use auth codes for long distance. The problem is that any 1 plus number is considered long distance, including 1800. Is there a way to make an exception for 1800 so the pbx knows they are local? The 1800s are built as SPN numbers.

I believe there is no way to get around that. The TLD doesn't look at BARS. I think you will have to force the auth codes with NCOS instead of TLD.

Have user put in Autcode 1st then dial number.

Analog (500/2500-type), SL-1 or digital telephones
To enter an Authcode after the SPRE, the caller proceeds as follows:
• If there is no call in progress, go off-hook or press a DN key. If there is a call in progress, switchhook flash (analog (500/2500-type) or press the call transfer or conference key (SL-1 or digital telephone) to obtain special (interrupted) dial tone.
• Dial the Authcode access number (SPRE and the digit “6”). Dial tone is removed after the SPRE digit is dialed.
• Dial the Authcode digits. A second dial tone is heard if the Authcode is valid. If the Authcode is invalid, no response is given for 30 seconds. Then the overflow tone is given for 15 seconds and the call is force disconnected. For more information about how invalid authcodes are handled, refer to “Invalid authcodes” on page 198.
• When the second dial tone is heard, dial the call in the normal manner. If call transfer/conference is in effect, complete the transfer/conference as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back