Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

18 D Goes Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowjonestt

Vendor
Jan 7, 2008
US
18D on a 308EC only on Ext. 20 will go dead. I can still see the display with the time and date, when I press any button it lights green but the handset is dead. I ahve rebooted and it will work fora while. Just changed everything over to Hybrid mode but all other exts. are ok. Changed the set with a brand new 18D. This install has been in for several years. Could this be a bad port for Ext. 20? ANyway to test? Should I replace module?

Thanks!

Usually when you have display without dial tone, the tip and ring is bad.(pairs 4 and 5).
1. Check your line cord. (needs to be 2 pair)
2. Check your jack/wire (Plug known working phone into port on system if it works there and not at actual location then the jack or wire or temination is bad)

I checked this last night and it was ok. COuld this be something that comes and goes if there is a cable problem?

Already replaced the set with a new one and installed a new station cord to the jack.

Just replaced the 308EC module.

Have you tried and plugged directly it x20's port on the 308EC module and see if you get the same problem? If it doesn't go bad you know its a line problem going to the jack. If it does then its a bad port.

Also check the in-house cable (between the wall jack and the processor). Make sure all of the conductors are terminated securely.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

After trying everything it looks like it was two faulty new sets that Avaya had sent us to replace the older worn out ones. The handsets on both seem to have been bad. Speakerphones worked ok but not the handsets.

Thats was a problem with the new style 18D's when they first came out.. The phone were not going "off hook". You must have gotten old stock.

Avaya support is offering the Euro 2 instead othe Euro 1 to replace our worn our Euro 1's.. Would you suggest upgrading to the 2?

The first batches of Euro II telephones had hook switch problems (see 1043's comments above). The Euro I is discontinued so you may have to go with Euro IIs to keep any system warranty from being voided.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Avaya support is going to replace all of them with Euro 2. They really were very easy to deal with and are sending them out overnight at no extra cost.

This client has the service and support contract and it only costing htem about 50.00 per month and covers the entire Partner system, voice mail and all the 15 sets.

I found them very responsive and easy to work with both on the phone and via web. I was actually surprised at the great sustomer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back