Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1750 and BSR Branch Office Tunnel: Cannot ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpAdam

Vendor
Mar 12, 2007
US
Greetings -
I posted this over in the VPN section but I believe it may be better suited among the Nortel networking folks...

We are having a problem in which a tunnel is established but you cannot ping from the remote site to the main site until the main site first pings the remote site.

Further Info:
Remote Site is a Nortel BSR222 configured as a branch office initiator.

Main Site is a Nortel VPN 1750 configured as a branch office responder. The 1750 is located behind an Untangle firewall/router.

The VPN soft client establishes a tunnel as expected and works with no problems.

When we attempt to ping the main site from the BSR222, the tunnel establishes right away. I am still unable to ping anything at the main site.

Once I initiate a ping from the main site to the remote site, the ping responds. Once this initial ping is done, I am able to ping from the remote site to the main.

Does anyone have any feedback? Routing issue? NAT problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back