Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1720 Router + WIC-1DSU-T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arouhi

Programmer
Jul 7, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm installing a Cisco 1720 Router with a WIC card (WIC-1DSU-T1) for frame-relay. My T1 service provider wants me to use channel 1 o 16 for some DLCIs and 20-24 for other DLCIs. I know that in 3600 or 2600 series I can define channel-groups and then I'm able to configure each sub serial interface on those channel groups, but how can I do this with Cisco 1720 and WIC-1DSU-T1 WIC card?

Thanks

What are you trying to do with the circuit? you can setup differnet DLCI's on sub interfaces but you cannot setup different channels. You have to set the channels on different serial interfaces. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Hi Jeter,

This location connects to 9 other locations trough frame-relay, the T1 provider categorize the connections to METRO (for locations inside the metro area) and STANDARD (for other locations) and they want me to use channels 1 to16 for METRO locations and 20 to 24 for standard locations. I'm sure that I can use "channel-group" command in 3600 and 2600 series to specify the group ID and then I'm able to correlate each sub serial interface with a channel group, but I don't know how to do this with 1720 and just one WIC card?. Do you have any idea?

Thanks

The provider will need to give you 2 DLCI's on the T1. They dlci's will be mapped within ANS ( Advance Network Services ). The serial 0 interface will indicate the actual number of channels say

Service-module T1 time slot 1-24

You then will need setup to sub interface for each DLCI
int serial0.1 point-to-point
frame-relay interface dlci 16 IETF

int serial0.2 point-to-point
frame-relay interface dlci 17 IETF

I see no reason why they want to seperate the channels unless it was for voice and data then you would need an Adtran 750 to break it out. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back