Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1616 IP phone Static Power Hum issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustytelco

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2003
US
We have 1616IP phones with Extreme POE switches on an S850 with (2) G450. Over the past 5 months there has been an intermitten Static Power hum randomly happening to 1 or 2 phones every couple of days. Our server is on the latest software RO 15x.01.2.416.4 and our phones have the latest firmware update. When the static happens the users can not hear the callers but the callers can hear the user clearly so it is a one end issue of the 1616 only.
Has anyone had this issue occur and what was found to be the problem?

I have a location with the same issues with the 1616 on CM5.2 connected to Cisco POE/G450. All of the 96xx are fine. No resolution for us either.

I saw a CISCO notification this morning about voip phones on CISCO/POE switches. It just stated 'power issues' nothing specific. The resolution was to reload the CISCO switch.

Hi all,

Did you find any resolution for this problem.
I have a client eith 3com PoE switches. They also experience the same issue on 1616.

This issue happes time to time (once a month) but I don't know how to solve this.

We may have found the issue when we recently had all our Extreme switches firmware upgraded to the latest version the problem has not returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back