Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1608 with firmware problem revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimers

Vendor
Jan 16, 2007
GB
thread940-1665142

Hi, I see that this has ben reported before with a solution of replacing the handset. That's OK if it happens only occasionally, but on one site I have 2 examples within a matter of a singe week. They only have 9 so as a proportion it's quite high and I am concerned that others fail.

I have been attempting to recover one of them. The phone mostly works, but has corrupt characters on the screen and I have noticed that the message button no longer functions. *17 gets voice-mail.

The handsets generaly have 1.300 firmware so I upgraded the faulty unit to 1.30b but this has not cured the problem.

I sha;ll send it back for repair but wanted to check if someone has an answer to the problem, and to check whether this fault is becoming more common

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back