Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1608-I Phones on IP Office 4.2 (23)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmccarthy1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2018
US
Hi all,

We have a site with an IP 406 DS, running IP Office 4.2 (23) and about 60 Avaya 5402 phones currently on that system. They are looking to add more phones, and I saw something online (I know...I know...) about 1608 phones working on 4.2 Q4. I found a spare 1608-I, and plugged that in, and it powers up, and boots, and I program it accordingly (IP Address, Router, etc.), however, it will not fully boot, I receive a 'No FileSV Address' message and the process repeats.

Before, I really invest a lot of time into this, will the 1608-I even work on the current version of IP Office that we are running?

Please let me know if you need any additional details, and thank you for your time.

D

16xx-I not supported until 6.0.

16xx was supported on 4.2 Q4 2008

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Do you even have a VCM card in the IPO?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back