Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

16 Bit Windows Subsystem Error 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedean47

Technical User
Sep 30, 2004
GB
Hello

I am a technician at a secondary school in sheffield, we have installed a piece of software on an XP Operating System and it was working fine for about 3 months and now it just comes up with the following error:

16 Bit Windows Subsystem Error
C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose close to terminate the application

This is whenever you try to run it. I rang the technical help and they very vaguely told me it wasn't a problem with thier software but with XP.

They said 'their is a toggle button which if selected allows XP to run 16 Bit programs'

I have never even heard of this. Is there such a thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

John
IT Technician
Chaucer School

I'm not entirely sure but if you right click on the program and select properties and goto advanced I think there is an option to emulate win95 etc

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back