Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

16 bit ODBC drivers issue MDAC information needed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MavrickStl

Programmer
Feb 20, 2001
US
Guys,

Here is the situation:

I have a Windows NT workstation with SP 6 ....while installing a 16-bit VB application I accidentally installed 16-bit ODBC drivers, which was an option in the setup for VB application. Now when I click on my Data Source(ODBC) under control panel, it brings up 16-bit interface of the ODBC data source administrator. I would like to have my 32-bit ODBC data source administrator interface back. Do you guys think MDAC 2.7 install will fix the problem. I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,

Mav

The 16 and 32-bit drivers can coexist on a machine. I don't know why you get the 16-bit interface when executing Data Sources from the control panel. Every installation that I've done placed the 16-bit ODBC driver in the Start menu.

I suppose reintalling MDAC should correct the problem. However, not knowing what caused the problem in the first place I can't be sure of the solution. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions in the SQL Server forum. Many of the ideas apply to all forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back