Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1416 with bad dbm32's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
New install IP500v26.0.8
combocard
combocard
ds8
ds8

I have 2 receptionists with 1416's and a dbm32 (1 each)

One users button module works fine for a while, but it seems that when a call comes in, after teh call is answered, you hear a click, and the dbm no longer works until reboot.
Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix? The phones all updated when plugged in, but not sure about the modules.

These things are flaky.

Is there a bin file for the dbm? (I only see one for the bm32 (gbm file))

Yes I have a power brick, on each of the phones.

I am currently wrestling with the same issue also with Combi cards, they do exactly as you mention clicking then not working etc. They don't upgrade as far as I can tell but everything else has upgraded fine and as you say I see no relavant bin file or even upgreade file request. Also upon a system cold reboot it just has loads of red flashing lights until you disconnect the button module then reconnect it....still trying to find the trigger for this.

P.s I have an instant dislike for the 1400 series, 15 mins to upgrade....seriously...WTF :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Friggin DITTO.

I had the same power up problem as well.

I guess I wasnt smart enough to try them on the ds8 cards....

Did you?

Yeah, got the same problems with it freezing up and clicking etc, never tried the reboot on a DS8 port but we only got the kit yesterday and just noticed this while building it and upgrading stuff etc. So I haven't hadt time to try every combination yet :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Intrigrant had a problem with a DS30 full of 1408's and 1416's
Upgrading took a couple of hours!!!

Then after that the module rebooted after all phones where done starting up :)

You can guess it, he needed to downgrade all again and took another couple of hours :)

They look nice but hopefully this slow upgrading will change.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I have 5 or 6 installed with 1416's and 1408's.

I think its ridiculous that all the phones have to download the new firmware (5 minutes) and then upgrade (another 5-7 minutes.)

If they had send me a couple then i would have noticed.
Perhaps this is why the DMB32 where delayed, now they at least have sold a couple of 14xx phones :)

Did you know that it is actually a Tenovis T3 phone?

The first time is starts it is in German with a Tsomething number.

I moved the 2 1416's with the DBM32's to the ds8. So far so good.....
Will let you know.

Same problem here.
Customer has an IP500v2 and combo cards.
Our Testsystem is IP500 and DS8.
There is no difference.

For a few calls it did work, but very slow. We had a user-button on the 1416 as well as on the DBM32 for the same extension. Busy indication on the phone is fast as usual, but the key on the button modul had several seconds delay!

When looking at the phone's selftest, it seams that the phone does not know about the button module.

Probably it's like the 1XP Call-Assistant: will be supported in the next minor release...

Avaya's obsession with grabbing those $$$'s means they rush stuff out sometimes, it's such an obvious fault I find it hard to believe they didn't know about it at release. And I suppose if they didn't the silly "pay first ask questions later" attitude of their support means nobody wants to tell them directly either :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

That's my dilemma.
I hope MR. Avaya service guy reads this and sees how their customers are going to get pissed because their business Partners dont want to throw $2500 away, just to open a ticket with tier III to get a private build.

It chaps my ass that the 2500 has a shelf life of 2 years. If it didnt, I guess I cant complain much because in cases like this, they would not decrease my time at all.

I might just do a DOA return on the stupid things and make the Disty deal with this crap.

they should be working by now, they tried to send them out as 1500 phones then retracted them and waited for a while and then said they are now 1400 phones instead.
I like that they come up in German first :) they say selection (Auswahl) but that means you can select between the fast upgrade and the slow upgrade one takes 10 minutes the other one 600 seconds.
I will install my first BM32 in a few days because it was on order for a while and finally came in. Wish me luck.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

A bit more fun is to be had with these button modules, if you make any changes to the buttons on the module it comes up as "Merge" as it should but the changes will not take until the system is rebooted, when you do reboot the system the module stops working and needs to be disconnected and re-connected, then it works and the changes have taken.......I love them even more now, they are like a naughty child :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Same Exact problem with 1416 and DBM32 on IP500v2 IP office R6(8)

Tried rebooting, tried station 8 and combo card - nothing.

After a Few button presses especially picking up a Coverage appearance button and the module starts acting slow and the LCD shows garbage characters when buttons are pressed and the units internal relay clicks every few seconds.

Obviously not well tested - anybody hear anything from Avaya or figure out a cheat?

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back