Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1408 says "No application firmware Telephone needs repair" after IPO upgrading 10.1 to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HemmeR_MX

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2022
MX
Hi everyone.
has anyone seen this message before?
Actually there was a thread here but it is so old and i want to know if exist another solution besides the one given in that thread.
(Because i had this problem on 3 phones 1408, my solution was to move the port connection between a phone that made the download and the one that didn't, and this 3 phones do the correct download with this change, and then i put back the phones on the correct place and plug them again on the proper port of the combo card.
But reading the avaya documentation they says that is not possible:
"Once the phone connected to a port has been upgraded, the IP Office will not check whether the phone on that port needs to be upgraded again except following a system reboot, i.e. multiple phones cannot be upgraded by swapping the connected phones on the same port."
I want to know if the "solution" that i prupose is "legally correct", or if it really is a solution [rednose], or exist another solution that doesnt be this error message due the combo card like the old thread.
WhatsApp_Image_2022-06-07_at_3.32.36_PM_v4yqwi.jpg

I know the documentation is not worded very well, but what it means is that, once a port has been used to upgrade a phone, that port will not upgrade another phone until the system has rebooted. I also suggest using a DS8 card's port, instead of a combo card's (if available).

Also, for what it is worth, I've never seen the "telephone needs repair" portion of this message.

Please remember... If it's not the way that YOU would do it, that does not necessarily mean it's wrong. EVERYONE knows SOMETHING that you do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back