Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

13 T1's and only 2 D Channels one primary and one secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maya97

Technical User
Sep 10, 2007
US
Hello all,

I am confused here...my supervisor asked me to configure two trunks with 13 T1's (310 members). Well, my problem is this I only have enough space on the first trunk for 255 members and the remaining members I placed in the second trunk group. When I do this the trunks show an OOS-NE, for troubleshooting purposes I place some of those members within the first trunk group and they worked. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong on the second trunk group? I made sure that I place the signaling group for the second trunk group as isdn-pri made sure the protocol were set up correctly.

I found my problem under Trunk Group for Channel Selection leave that blank add in as many cards as necessary under trunk board and interface id and you can make as many trunk groups for the same signaling group.

What you have here is NFAS (Non Facility Associated Signaling). One PRI has a primary D channel and a second Has a secondary D channel. If the Primary D channel is down the secondary D channel takes over. This arrangement must be ordered as NFAS. This way you can use all channels in the PRI (24 channels) instead of 23+1. In your example you gain 11 channels. On the PBX side you translate the first 2 as usual.
DS1 CIRCUIT PACK

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
TN-C7 Long Timers? n Country Protocol: 1
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: b
Interface Companding: mulaw CRC? n
Idle Code: 11111111
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

T303 Timer(sec): 4

Slip Detection? y Near-end CSU Type: integrated