Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1230 ip sets registered to CS1k Session Manager-Supported??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2008
US
I was able to convert some 1230's to SIP and register to Session manager on my CS1k. Currently I have a single line set? What is the licensing required and is anyone able to get features to work? 7.6 sp7

Thanks

Why would you use SIP on the 1230 instead of UNIStim? The features with the former are very limited.

I've only seen a sip phone register to a CS1K through a sip leader signaling server. It did not register to Session Manager. In the case where I have sip registering to Session Manager and need advanced features you have to build an application sequence for Communication Manager. I do not know if that type of setup can be used for the CS1K.

I have converted 1230 phones to SIP and back to UNIStim via a TFTP Server on my computer. I have registered them with an Avaya IP Office system OK but as already mentioned above, they are only basic SIP phones and therefore don't work as expected.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back