Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

120V Source need send notice to PC to send email

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
I have a 120V signal coming out of this hardware to go to something, which can either be wired or wireless on its own network or connected to our internal wired/wireless that will send an email to a company.

Basically we have a sand sensor that when it goes off, time to order sand. The probe bought, about $400, outputs a 120V signal to power an alarm or light. Need it to interface into a IC or device to link to a PC program so I can automate a script to send an email saying, "Buy sand".

Not looking for a full design on the system but more of a "Hey this item can interface w/ 120 and when activated sends a signal/email/warning to a PC with X software." I know it can be done a lot of ways with expensive PLCs. Since this is its only job, curious if anyone knew of more economical ones.

Thanks in advance!

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

I use a rack mount version of this to monitor my server room.

I think you could to it with this:

and

and you don't need a pc....

You might also be able to make this work:

Give them a call on the phone if you are interested. I'm sure they can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back