Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

12 page Contract Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimitedTech

Technical User
Aug 4, 2008
US
Access 2003
I have a 12 page contract currently in Word. I only used data from 2 fields in a query in this report. The rest is static text. I currently mail merge to Word to print it out. I would like it to be a report in Access to make it a more seamless user experience. I am not sure what the best way to go about putting that much static text in a report. Any Assistance pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Without much information, I would consider dividing the contract into sections and copying into records in a table. Then use the table in the record source of a report. Make sure you include a field that identifies the sequence of the records.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

For instance, setup the table with a MEMO field and then each paragraph could be a separate record in the table? I believe I can handle this. Thanks Duane!

That was my initial recommendation. You can use the Replace() function if you need to do some type of merge in the paragraphs.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back