Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140e 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringbackVNC

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
US
I have a BCM 400 4.0 current patches. I have the IP settings turned to assign DN and the password is turned off.
I am using a Static IP address on the phone, and I used the default password to get into the phone to set this.

When I try to register the phone it will come up and ask for a User Identifier ID. Then it asks for a Password.
I am not sure what this is, where to turn it off. Or what it is asking.

i think i got stuck there a while ago try the config and setnna then it should prompt you to enter a dn.

Turn set registration to ON
turn global password to ON
then delete the dafault passworg and leave it blank.
When registering the 1140e sets and it ask's for Passcode enter ( color*set )

captaincable,
thanks it was setnna then config, I tried it your way then yesterday, didn't really think about flipping them.

56BelAir I appreciate your imput, but please read the whole question prior to responding.

If this was setup correctly you should only need the information above in my prior post, configuring your system with a laptop not a phone.

I always love when the person thats asking for FREE help, insults the person trying to give the help.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

The issue was on the 1140e phones which you will soon find out. I don't use Telset to program BCM's. I have registered 100's of IP phones and this was a new issue I believe it came from the current patches. After plugging in the phone it came up with a User Identifier ID. which I have never came across.
By know means was my intention to insult 56BelAir, and I appologize if that was how I came across. As far as ace, I am not really sure why his input in on here other than to just be noticed and feel special.

Wow that's two insults in one thread.

Dude, chill out, we are all just trying to make a living at this right? (Working with BCMs I mean, not posting on Tek-Tips :) ). And hopefully we can help each other out in the process.

The ID and password it is looking for is the same telset user name and password you would use to log in to programming. It uses that only if you turned off the global password so the BCM has some way of authenticating the new user.

No not Global PSWD. When you swipe the nortel 4 buttons enter color*set it asks for a device ID 4-12. What is this?

Your making a mistake that will cost you eventually. Don't set the IP sets to Auto Assign Dns. It could steal your CDN and your Call Center will go down. Always tell it a DN.

Uncheck auto-assign DN's and blank out the "global password" setting. It does the same thing on I2004 phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back