Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140e IP Telephones

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hi Folks,

This is probably a stupid question, but I can't find a simple procedure to use when adding an IP telephone to our system. My switch was upgraded to cs1000 and two IP telephones were installed. I can modify the TN just like the regular telephone and plug in the set anywhere on my network and it will find the programming information. I have to install another IP telephone and don't know how to associate the new TN with the set I plan to use. Does anyone have a simple way to add IP telephones?

Thanks in advance for your help!

If I understand well you want to add a NEW Ip phone.
What I do all the time is use template if I am doing via web page or if I am doing via console... copy the configuration of old TN and give new DN...

First of all, login to console and go to load 20 : ld 20

Thing you need before adding new phone :

1. Find TN of existing phone that will hava same configuration as your's new one : (same model, same access )
2. Get available/unused TN for new Ip phone you will adding (to find unused TN : in ld 20 ... req : luvu ... type : 1140 do enter until you see list of available TN)
3. DN for new TN (new phone)

Once you have that, in load 20 :

REQ cpy 1
TYPE 1140 (model of the phone that you want to add )
CFTN XX X XX XX (existing TN that use same model)
DES <enter> (you can leave empty... I use to give phone location office number.. it is not important)
TN XX X XX XX (your new TN)
DN XXXX (DN for New TN)
<enter> until it finished

If you have multi-site : make sure do sync to all site of new TN, so you can use the TN right away ... otherwise you have to wait for next day because by default the system do sync and backup during the night time
ld 43
edd
bkr 1

Give system about 15-30 min to sync ...

Once that's done... you are good to go...when you boot your phone: give the node number of your system and TN that you just created.

I hope that I answer your question otherwise feel free to ask and someone will help you

Good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back