Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140e Back light is stuck On

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1140e with DSS Module

The light will stay on forever.

I have tried Power Recycle, Soft Reboot, Changing Display Timeout timer a few times.

Anything else to try?

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

To change the backlight configuration, double-press the Services button on the phone, select Preferences and then Display - adjust the Backlight time to the desired value. It sounds like you have it set to Always On.

Unistim firmware has the SSH option but is does not have the "prt" command to print the config like the SIP firmware does.

I did try changing the timer settings per above such as from 5 to 1 min to 1 hour etc.

I just tried Re-Registration and Factory Default, both also did not work.

Thanks!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It's fixed!
That's the good news...

No matter how busy you are always keep your desk clean.

The stupid new's is under the wad of paper work, remote controls, SSD drive (found it!), led flash light, screw driver and wireless head set (wondered where that was too) was my USB mini keyboard plugged into my IP set, forget that was there too obviously.
The LED flashlight was the final straw in depressing one or several keys keeping the phone awake.

No wonder I am the only one in the whole wide world that had this problem.

[clown]

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back