Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1140 display shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

think1st

Vendor
Sep 30, 2005
US
Can anyone confirm that they see the same thing with different releases? I have a CS1000E 6.00.R 1140 firmware version C7J.

The scenario is as follows:
Set A is an 1140 with a DN programmed on a key that is on page 2 of the display (Key 6-11). Can be either a SCN or SCR. That DN also appears on another set B and is on a key on page 1 (Key 0-5).
When set B goes off hook on the shared DN the display on set A jumps to page 2. This also happens when a call is presented to the shared DN but that seems to be in line with the NTPs.

If the DN is being presented an incoming call the display goes back to page 1 on set A automatically when the call is abandoned or answered by set B.

If the DN simply goes off hook on set B and then hangs up then set A jumps to and stays on page 2 until the shift key is pressed.

Yep. Driving some of my users bonkers, especially if they like to select a specific line for outgoing calls and they choose someone elses line!

Have had several requests to disable, but can't.

CS1000M MG C6R firmware acts the same except for this.

If the DN simply goes off hook on set B and then hangs up then set A jumps to and stays on page 2 until the shift key is pressed.

Mine goes back to page one when set b hangs up. Maybe a firmware down grade would fix it.

Thanks for the posts.

guycable2 you are correct. I tested again and the display does go back to page 1 when set B hangs up or I can hit the shift key to return to page 1 while set B is still off hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back