Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1120E cpnd presentation rearrangement possible? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem257

Programmer
Jun 9, 2009
US
I have a customer who would like to change how the CPND info is displayed on the 1120 IP sets. Currently it is displayed with DN then caller's name. They would like to swap this configuration to show the caller's name first and then the DN info. They only want to do this with 1120 sets. My tech support was stumped unfortunately. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?

bad news on that one. since both are controlled by the cdb and the cpnd block, the 1120's are going to work the same way as the rest of the sets..

you can change the format in the names you send, ie format in 95,, you can do some mods on date display,, but the switch does not have unique display fields on a per type option.. your ts should have closed that door

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you for the info. My gut told me it was a dead issue, but I'm not "all-knowing" and am often surprised at what you can have these systems do.

A "Calling ID display order" option was added in CS 1000 6.0 to display number then name (default) or to display name then number. This is configured through the Telephone Options on the 1120E.

Thank you, gwebster. They are upgrading to 7.0 this fall so I'll find out if the feature is available with that release as well.

Oh how I long for days of yesteryear when the venerable
2008/2616 w/disp would show that info in a large ,
easy to read display. Try turning off the call log on the
1120 so it will display more info when receiving a call. Under telephone options I believe you can say
yes or no to call log.

Thank you, Phnman. Great suggestion, I'll pass that on to the customer. I had suggested that simply replace the 1120 for this user with an 1140 to allow a larger display and more info presented. They said that would not happen, so... I'll do what I can for them. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back