Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

110 Block Butt Set 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cweathe

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me if there is a butt set specifically designed for testing 110 blocks? I know the standard are for the 66 blocks, but we will be converting to 110 in a new building, and would like to be able to test.
Thanks for any help....

cweathe...not sure of a butt set but they have a clip you
connect to your butt set or toner that is made for a 110
block you can buy them at any telecom supply company that sells 110 equipment.hope this helps..

strmwalker

There is a small 110 to modular convertor clip type thing available. Mine is made by Independent Technologies part number 4878848. I use an banjo and the adapter.

Siemon Co. makes several Modular Adapters for 110 connectors, in 1, 2, 3 and 4 pair configurations. They are the TAP110 series Test Adapters.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

That's cool, but the TAP110 adapters have insulation piercing pins that allow you to clip on even if there is already a jumper on the position.

I came into an AT&T adapter with spring loaded insulation piercing pins that does the same thing. Unfortunatly, there is no part number on it, so I can't find it any where else.

There is an AT&T cord that is found in x-connect boxes with 110 terminations. It's grey with spring loaded holders (well, some are without the springloaded arms, but work the same). They're just now available at Sandman's in Chicago (part # HND4M)for about $56, but at Schultz Comminications for $36--
I had a dickens of a time finding one (my original got swiped along with my whole tool bag), but that's the only 2 places I've found them.

I have a pair of Mod-Taps in my tool case, but I can't seem to find the part number. They have a spring loaded deal that pushes up against the pins in a 110 connector and is wired 568B style to an RJ-45.

I see that the ITC-3002B for less than $15 ought to do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back