Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.5 SP2 - License Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCBackup

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
GB
All,

I have just deployed 11.5 SP2 onto one of my dedicated backup servers, and now its reporting that my product is not licensed.

My ca.olf file is unchanged. Ive mailed CA, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Hi DSMCBackup,

I don’t think you can use the old license once you’ve upgraded to the latest service pack. CA are very serious about their licenses.
You need to contact CA and get a new license. Obviously, you don’t have to pay for it.

Regards,

Michael

According to the release notes, there are 2 references to licensing issues. You need to run CSTOP.BAT, then CSTART.BAT to correct it.

Phil Gordemer
ARH Associates

I had to go back to CA in the end. The patch worked, but after installed i noticed theyd sent me the completely wrong component licenses..

Scary!

:D

Hi,
you can solve the issue as follow:
open Registry/hklmachine/sotfware/ComputerAssociates/base/products/license
check the 315 and export the license key.Now remove it.as next go into C programfiles/shared components/Ca_lic
execute licnse.exe and fill in the needed information.(to find all on your license certificate

Hope this works
Gatom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back