Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.5 Patches: Does NT mean "NT"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonze

MIS
Sep 12, 2002
US
I recently upgraded my main backup server from ArcServe for Windows 11.1 to 11.5. Everything seems to work fine.

To be safe, I went to SUPPORTCONNECT to look for any patches. The results have me confused.

If I specify Windows 2000, I get no patches.

If I don't specify an OS, I get 9. Seven of these are marked "NT" and two as "Windows".

Does anyone know if NT means "Windows NT" or "Windows NT or better"? Since I get nothing for Windows 2000, can I just ignore the whole thing?

Thanks for any insight.

Yes just ignore the OS in the search - it is a waste of time for ARCserve. Unless the actual patch notes make explicit mention of an specific OS only, you should be able to apply it to NT4/Win2K/WinXP/Win2003 (Where the OS is supported for the product in the first place of course).

I'm currently running 11.2 but where do I download the files to upgrade it to 11.5. I don't see it anywhere. All I see if the files and patches for 11.5 but not the core app or agents?

Greg

11.5 is not a free upgrade like 11.0 to 11.1 was. If you have active maintenance contact CA and they will send you it, if you don't it will cost to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back