Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.1 UC Module database restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffnortel

Vendor
Sep 17, 2008
US
I've read a number of posts that discuss my issue... Unable to WinSCP to 11.1 UC Module.

I had to reinstall software on the V2 UC Module but now I'm unable to transfer the backup file using WinSCP. In fact, I'm unable to login using WinSCP and Putty.

Does anyone have any advise on how I can restore from backup remotely?

Thank you in advance!

First thing I would do is investigate if port 22 is being blocked.
Without access to putty and WinSCP there is no way to transfer the backup files.

You stated you rebuild the module. Did you perform the initial configuration steps. Log into 7071 first. Then complete the setup in 7070 for the voicemail.
Worst case, import the call flows using VMPro client and re-record the menus greetings.

Yes, I installed software and ran ignite. VM is up and running.

When I attempt to login as Administrator with WinSCP, I connect but receive "access denied".

SSH is turned off by default at that software level. You need to enable it in linux. This FAQ explains how to do that in part. The rest was written around transferring vm info and such.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

budbyrd, I used the instructions to view another 11.1 App Server and the PermitRootLogin is set to no, yet I can putty and winscp to this server.

Thoughts?

Well... I do know the ssh was an issue with early 11.1 and Avaya said they were going to fix it and apparently they have fixed it for the app server. Having dealt with Avaya for 20 years what wouldn't surprise me is they would fix the app server and not think about fixing the UCM. If you are getting 'access denied' you don't have a port issue. It is a permission issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back