Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

11.0.4 SP1 QOS alarms/dropped calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaunymony

Programmer
Feb 25, 2010
US
Hi All,

I have a few sites I put up to 11.0.4 SP1 for various bug/fix reasons. Most all have been server editions with expansions. On all of these upgrades now the expansions show 100% packet loss in ssa qos alarms for every call and the primaries are not showing that but jitter and round trip delay. (obviously not an issue prior to upgrades of these sites). One runs on SIP trunks, one is PRI.. one is small with 2 expansions and ~100 phones, one only has 1 expansion, one has 6 and ~500. They all have the same issue since upgrading. Working a ticket with Avaya but wondering if any of you have the same thing going on?

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Those SSA alarms are present since the beginning... Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I started to ignore them..it's only bad if the customer asks for them.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

These weren't on most of these systems prior to upgrade and certainly were't 100% loss alarms on every call. And customers are complaining of one way audio and dropped calls since the upgrade. I'm about to downgrade one while the ticket is worked to see if that makes said issues go away.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

These errors have never ever been accurate in my experience, we have a fully stable 1000-user system that contantly complains about call quality, but we never experience and receive zero reports of actual bad quality.

You can try disabling RTCP Monitoring (System > LAN1 > VoIP > Enable RTCP Monitoring on Port 5005)

From Manager's Help files:

Code:
Enable RTCP Monitor On Port 5005  Default = On. 
For 1600, 4600, 5600 and 9600 Series H.323 phones, the system can collect VoIP QoS (Quality of Service) data from the phones. For other phones, including non-IP phones, it can collect QoS data for calls if they use a VCM channel. The QoS data collected by the system is displayed by the System Status Application.

This setting is mergeable. However, it only affects H.323 phones when they register with the system. Therefore, any change to this setting requires H.323 phones that have already been registered to be rebooted. Avaya H.323 phones can be remotely rebooted using the System Status Application.

The QoS data collected includes: RTP IP Address, Codec, Connection Type, Round Trip Delay, Receive Jitter, Receive Packet Loss.

This setting is not the same as the RTCPMON option within Avaya H.323 phone settings. The system does not support the RTCPMON option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back