Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1030 1058 USERENV policy issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magzy

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
GB
Hi All,

I have a Single 2003 Server, SP2. It is the only DC is a 1 office network. When I try (logged on as the single domain administrator account) to edit policies I get

"Failed to open the group policy object. You may not have the appropriate rights".

Additionally events 1058 and 1030 aer logged in the system log. 1058 states:

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={1BB9DB39-0EE5-4E5F-AC59-C7D67A0267FF},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=domain,DC=local. The file must be present at the location <\\domain.local\SysVol\Letterworks.local\Policies\{1BB9DB39-0EE5-4E5F-AC59-C7D67A0267FF}\gpt.ini>. (Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

If I go to the machine, then \\servername\sysvol works. If I type \\domain.local then I get:

Domain.local is not accessible....
The network path was not found

I have checked, and the DNS resolution is correct (and the name) for domain.local and servername. The server is multi homed, but the 2nd NIC is disabled.

Other technotes I have read talk about setting the permissions on the share correctly, but the share works from the server and (I assume) this is where the \\domain.local gets its permissions from.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Magz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back