Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1010 Chassi with Active Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogg1

Technical User
Nov 3, 2008
US
Hi All,

I'm getting ready to update MGC loadware in my CS1000E. when I update the MGC in cabinet with active core(CPU0) will the call server ini? I know it does when they are in a co-res card, just didnt't know if that was the same case in a split configuration(cppm for CS and CPDC for SS).

Thanks

Jeremy

No when the MGC is a separate card after the update of the Loadware just the MGC will restart meaning an outage to all the TDM stuff on the shelf.

If you load and activate the MGC loadware, via Element Manager, it will not automatically update the MGC card. So you can upload the firmware now, and then upgrade the MGC card during a low traffic time.

Load and activate the loadware in Element Manager, then access the CS1000 via command line.

LD 143

.upgmg X Y (Loop / Shelf)

Takes about 12 minutes to complete and as bignose stated, it will interrupt TDM services in the Media Gateway.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

or the same in PDT

Copy all the files into /u/loadware
lwload <file name>

once you loaded them all
lwinst all

Answer yes to put in service and no to upgrade now

Then when you are ready to upgrade just do LD 143
upgmg l s (l=loop s=shelf)

you can do all in one command also just hit return after "upgmg" and you can see all the options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back