Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100R INA implementation doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURLYMAN

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
US
Does anyone have a streamlined document on how to configure a 100R just for voice between (2) sites. I have worked with Magix for quite some time but have never implemented a site to site integration between 2 Magix systems using INA.

The only manual I've seen is called "Integrated Network Access (INA) Module Installation and Configuration Guide" with a number/file name like 7820_1000_001INACFG.PDF with an October 1999 date when it was still Lucent.

I downloaded a copy from Avaya awhile ago, but it looks like Avaya changed all their web pages and I can't find it. I was going to post the link for you. Maybe you will have better luck.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Burlyman, it just so happens that I can email a copy of the Implementation and Configuration guide. It is the same doc that Jim noted in his reply. My email is i c s AT michael charlie dot net.

Alex

The one on Avaya's website is corrupt, and has been for some time. I have a text only version (it is not in Adobe format) if the one comdata is bad as well.

If I can find time this weekend, perhaps I'll put together a string of commands to do the p2p voice config that you want.

Tim Alberstein

I tried the link and it worked! It is the same PDF that I mentioned in my post above.

Try the link Tim, so you can get a good PDF copy.

....JIM....

Thanks guys, but there's still a problem with the document. For example, page 5-4 is missing (Adobe Acrobat page 36). Adobe reports something about an "invalid operand" error and simply blanks out the page. This is also true for page 5-8 (Acrobat page 40) and others.

Not knowing how to name the INA router isn't critical, but setting up the firewall piece is. I guess for BURLYMAN, this isn't a problem either. Hence the name, right?

Anyway, I reported this problem to Avaya (gurlymen) a number of times without any results. I have done a fair amount with the INA board, hard-knocks style, but I'd still love a complete and uncorrupted copy of this document.

The INA is also known as the PortMaster router. Some of the missing information about PPP vs FR, IP numbered vs unnumbered, routing vs bridging and broadcast control can be gleaned by downloading The Lucent PortMaster Configuration guide.

Tim Alberstein

Tim, your right there are problems with that PDF. I had not gone thru the document page-by-page previously. This is what I found:
Adobe Reader 4.0:
pp27 (3-3) error processing page. Unrecognized token '078.219' was found.
pp32 (4-2) read error (114)
pp36 (5-4) wrong operand type.
pp44 (6-4) Read less image data than expected. (But the page did display)

Adobe Reader 7.2:
pp27 (3-3) same as 4.0
pp32 (4-2) same as 4.0
pp36 (5-4) unrecognized token 'TDe' was found.
pp44 (6-4) (Part of the page displays, but it disappears when scrolling back and forth)

The file was modified April 2003. Eventdently that person caused it to be corrupted for whatever changes were made!

....JIM....

Jim, my document was modified 10/15/1999 and using PDF R7.0 I don't see any of the errors you are refering to.

Comdata, you have the original issue prior to 22APR2003. I don't know what was changed on the 22APR2003 version, but whatever was done caused some sort of corruption to the PDF file Avaya has on their website.

With Adobe Reader you can display document properties by pressing Ctl-D or see the drop downs for other stuff. That is where the dates are displayed. So I guess the only way to know is, if you compare both versions to find the differences.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back