Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100M wireless bridge recomendation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray436

Technical User
Apr 11, 2000
CA
I am doing a setup for 2 buildings, diagonally opposite sides of a street. The distance is about 100 meters, practicaly line of sight, maybe a partial tree blockage ( have not been on the roof of building #2 .)

I would like to connect the existing LAN in building #1 to what will be in building #2. Internet is around 1M, but file transfers should be way better than that, aka - more than 20M.

I am looking at gear from Ubiquiti, namely the Nanostation line. anyone had experience? Good or bad, or even a recommendation for something else would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Nano Stations work great. I have used them on more than one occasion to set up bridges at that distance and even further.

Great!, sorry for the delay getting back, been one of those weeks.

One of the builings is in a unserviced area as far as high speed internet, so I am trying to bridge web and LAN to the other building.

The price point on the Nano gear is almost too good to be true, especially compared to things like Proxim Wimax stuff, so I was unsure of the viability.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back