Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1005r CallPilot set programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedmomrik

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
US
I have a redundant 1005r installed, CP1 works fine and the EMC Autostart software shows everything sets up as it should (E & F drv, mirroring....)however, when we fail CP1 and have it switch to CP2, it acquires the CDN, but when you call it, you get dead air. The ACD's for each MGate card are in the same group, but the only difference is on CP1 the AACS is set to YES, and on CP2, AACS is NO.

I have been through all the documentation, and can find nothing on what this should be. I had someone tell me that that changes as it get acquired by the system.

We have swapped the Mgate cards, cables, DSP boards, I'm running out of ideas on where to go from here.

make sure that you did not install any Anti Virus software with Firewall options....

also make sure:
The same languages must be installed on CP1 and CP2.

You may need run config wizard again on your cp2 and re-install langage.

I have a feeling that CP1 may have 3 languages installed, and CP2 only has 2. Is there anyway I can verify what languages are loaded on the working side, or would it be best to reload the languages on both so I'm sure they match?

CP1 has been in operation for almost a year, and CP2 was re-imaged and brought online about 2 months ago, and I had no notes as to which languages were installed.

you might see it in the server properties, where you get OM reports in Callpilot Manager.

But you should see it if you run Config Wiz, but cancel out of it before committing the info.

We just verified the languages match on CP1 and CP2, we even re-installed the languages on CP2, and we still get dead air when CP2 tries to take over. We can see on our digital sets where the ACDN is answering the call, there is just no voice response from the system. Any ideas as to what to try next?

To isolate software, you may need install standalone CP.
If stil no voice, then check hardware issue.

from a hardware perspective, it sounds like the DSPs are not playing the prompts, if you reflashed the DSPs by re-installing langs...., make sure the port info in CP matches the PBX agents.....

also, at one site it takes 30 min to fail over....no explanation as to why.....

are all the agents in the same queue *(from both CP)? looking at the original post it seems to say that but not 100% sure and the same number of agents on both CPs.

Also, you have the same CDN on both CP (from your post) so that would allow the 2nd CP to take over....

real strange,

how long do you wait during the fail over?

The port info does match the PBX agents

The agents are all in the same queue,

The CDN's do match

On a failover, we wait until the system states the CallPilot is running and able to accept calls. On CP1, as soon as we get this message on the server, we can dial the CDN and hear "Nortel CallPilot......" on CP2, fter we get the server message, you hear it answer, but than nothing.

We have also verified through, Windows Device Manager that the system does see the DSP board.

We are debating about removing the EMC software and making CP2 a standalone system to see what happens than, I just have to wait for a middle of the night maintenance window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back