Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1000 Cosolidation Element

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanat

Programmer
Feb 19, 2004
TH
I am creating 1000 Consodidation Elecment it that very huge when including in report i'm not sure when report run and got the currect result. How to test or do do something Consolidation Element before report run.

thank any suggestion
thanat

Do you REALLY want to wait for 1000 separate passes of SQL to run ?

Yes that a choice just try to do and another choice which i try to make aggregate tables i 'm not sure which one better. This requirement very very complex

thank any advance
thanat

Do you really need to use a consolidation? What is the report requirement?

A consolidation Element that just a choice in any way.
The report Requirement for Profit analysis of Banking
Before get requirement report This report is Create by themselves On Excel otherwise the requirement of rows consist from profit business system and conlumn of measure depending rows
According Requirement when i separate rows i find out the meaing of rows that it should be consist of 4 Element dimension table and Fact table
On Microstrategy When i want to do each rows report it should be consist of Element Attribute A,B,C,D that to do from meaning in Report Requirement
Therefore which can i decide Report requirement to do both consolidation and aggregate talbles(for rows Only)

thank any suggestion
thanat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back