Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100% Table hiehgt (IE) Leaves gap for Scrollbar problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3000

Technical User
Jun 20, 2005
GB
Hi,

My pages sit in a table of width 100% and height 100%:

<table width="100%" height="100%" border="0" align="left" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

I have the following CSS for my Body Tag:

body {
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0;
margin-bottom; 0;
}

However, the table doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the page - instead, it leaves a gap for the scrollbar - which isn't shown as it all fits on screen.

Is there a way to get the table to go all the way to the bottom of the page? I think this must be simple but just don't know the code (and can't find it on Google) to do it!

Thanks,

Richard

Giving your html and body elements a height of 100% should work:
Code:
html,body {
  height: 100%;
}

Thanks. The table has three rows (TR's) one of which is specified as height="5", the next as height="53" and the bottom row as height="100%" which goes to the bottom - but not all the way.

Is there correct markup which I can use to make the table go all the way to the bottom? I have a repeating background image behind my left-hand navigation menu which I'd like to have repeat to the bottom of the browser window.

Thanks,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back