Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100 micron fiber converter 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aheintz

Technical User
Sep 18, 2004
US
One of the older buildings at my location has 100/140 micron multi-mode fiber run to it. I need to connect this at my central data closet another trunk fiber that is 62.5/125 micron multi-mode fiber.

Direct mating between these two cables obviously doesn't work because of the different core sizes.

Replacing the 100/140 micron fiber would be ideal but isn't financially doable at this time. Does anyone know of a converter or repeater that will allow me to change from one size fiber to the other?

This is NOT for ethernet communications - I'm connecting specialized equipment so I really need an extremely dumb, non-protocol specific repeater.

A 62.5/125 converter should work fine.

"FT-100MM-ST850

Fast Ethernet Fiber Media Converter - 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-SX - Dual ST Multimode, 2km, 850nm

Networx™

This Fiber Transceiver / Media Converter converts data signal between 10/100Base-T/TX and 100Base-SX/FL Fast Ethernet. Supports 50/125, 62.5/125, or 100/140 Micron multimode Duplex ST fiber. Optical wavelength 850nm, Maximum distance up to 2km."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back