Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100% CPU load with Firewall service

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannick

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hi all,

I am experiencing a weird situation. I have ISA installed on a win 2000 server PC. When I start the Firewall service, after a maximum of 5 minutes, the processor get used at 100% and the PC freeze. The web proxy service is working fine.

I had the virus Welchia this morning...so the removal tool from symantec did its job, then I installed the Service pack 4 for win2000, then double-check for the SP1 for ISA, reinstalled ISA and the SP1, installed some security update for ISA (MS03-026, MS03-007...), but it's still happening.
Any idea ??
Thanks

Yannick

Hi.

I had the same situation. But Welchia contaminated the entire network.

Have you checked your workstations? If so, check twice. It took me 2 days to remove the virus from my 125 workstations and 8 servers. :-(

I hate this virus.

Good luck

C ya!

Bif@
"Try to make the best even better"

Hey Bifa,

You were right, my network was contaminated by this virus. So all my windows 2000 and xp workstations were infected. On each machine, the virus tried to ping a big range of IP address, that made my ISA server froze !

Fortunately, it's over....
Thank you,

Yannick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back