Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

100% complete has removed $ from Cost column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murmist

Technical User
Jun 23, 2014
US
I have been using project for almost 10 years and this is a first. My schedule is baselined. I had two LOE tasks set for a 4 month duration, resources were in place and cost was calculated based on the applicable rates, task type is fixed duration. When I set the final % complete to 100 all the dollars in the cost column disappeared, but the baseline cost remained. I have never had this happen. Did I not set something properly?

What release of Project, please? What service pack(s) applied to Project? Is there a value in the Actual Cost field? Any possibility that you are viewing the Remaining Cost field? When a task is complete the remaining cost value should be zero, but the Cost and Actual Cost field should have data.

The problem ended being on the calculation page of the options menu. The Auto clac box somehow got unchecked.

Great. Glad you were able to sort it out and thanks for posting the resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back