Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10 record limit on MySQL DB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike71

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2001
US
Hello everyone... I am new to MySql and PHP. What i have learned so far is awesome!!! I have a problem and i am hoping that somesone can help... I have developed a Database to track scenarios for this game Combat Mission. Will i created the table and all the field i needed. I included a field called "ID" it is my primary key and i have it set yo AUTO INCREMENT. So everything is working great right. I wrote a script that allows me to add records to the DB via my browser. It works fine... that is until i get to record number 10. After record ten and i go to enter record 11 and i get the following error: " CURRENT RECORD NOT INSERTED: DUPLICATE ENTRY '10" FOR KEY 1" Does anyone have any ideas? If you want to help let me know and i can email you the code i wrote. I am thinking it has to do with the "ID" field. any help would be great.

Thanks so much!!

Mike

Check your datatype for the ID field. Sounds like you may not have it set to a large enough integer type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back