Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10.5 - Date Modified - where has it gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bischerboy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
NL
Hi,

am pretty sure I had this option back in 10.3, maybe even 10.4 but now there's no date modified option in my search results.

Bar get-infoing everything, is there any work around to sort this?

And where's my little refresh option gone in this search window too - god, that was useful.

10.5 - vexing me right up, any unvexing gratefully received...

Well I was about to tell you to apple + j to get the view options, but when searching you have no view options. It does however show you the Last Opened date, not sure if that is useful or not but should give some indication as to the files last modification date.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

Thanks Twist, but last opened is pretty useless to me (always views in default view anyway). This seems to be a massive step back from 10.4...

After poking around some more, there is no Date Modified view option (along a with a few others that the Mac engineers decided we did not need!)
But there is this - that expands Spotlights search functions.

Twist

===========================================
Everything will be OK in the end.
If it's not OK, then it's not the end

Cheers Twist, will give it a go, still can't believe this retrograde step...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back