Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10.20 and Kermit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antistatic

Technical User
Jan 4, 2001
CA
It was suggested to me to try Kermit for my terminal emulation problems (don't ask). Reading the man pages and a FAQ it looks like I can use it to do serial comms, the only problem is that when I try to connect to another machine the one I'm using locks up. I'm sure I'm using the right command, kermit -l /dev/tty0p0 -b 9600 -p n -c. I don't think Kermit server has to be running on the other machine but I'm not sure. It looks like its starting fine but then nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get stone knives and bear skins working?????

Here is a follow up.

I'm trying to get two C360's to talk to each other via the serial port. I'm using Kermit on one and nothing on the other, trying to log into the beastie via the serial port. On the machine running Kermit I'm getting the log in screen from the other machine fine. However when I hit enter to try to log in NOTHING. I've tested the cable using a NT machine & I can log in with no probs. When I hook the NT machine to the Kermit machine I can pass chars between them fine. What I can't do is use one C360 to log into another.

The machine that you are firing off the kermit command line from, is the getty process turned off on that tty? If not this can cause some problems. Also, you might want to compare some of the port settings with stty -a. You might find that you need to enable flow-control on one or the other ports, or even other settings.

crowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back