Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

10.1.2 AS and Discoverer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbrace

Programmer
May 13, 2000
US
Hello,
I'm attempting to install and configure Discoverer. I have installed the 10.1.2 Infrastructure successfully. As I read the docs for Installing the MidTier, I run into confusion. in part 7 of the Oracle Application Server (10.1.2) Quick Installation Guide, titled Installing Portal and Wireless or Business Intelligence and Forms Developer Topology. It claims that I will have a Business Intelligence and Forms option on the Installation Type screen. Well, this is not true. I have the following options after I choose Mid Tier: J2EE & Web Cache and Portal and Wireless. I don't have a BI & Forms option. Now, I did put the 3 cd's of BI on the machine in assuming that I will need them.

Do I need to install J2EE & Web Cache OR Portal and Wireless from the App Server Disk, or do I just need to install Bus. Intelligence from the 3 BI cd's? The documentation seems to have been a quick copy/paste from a previous version with pieces/steps missing. Thanks in advance,

Kelly

ps.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but there isn't a 10g App Server Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back