Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 workstation Outlook 2010 prompts for username and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamahn

Technical User
Mar 14, 2001
US
I have 14 workstations all running office 2010 Home and Business connected to an Exchange 2010 server that recently replaced E2k3. The E2k3 has been uninstalled after 1 month of being on the new server. I have 1 Windows 7 workstaion that continually propmpts the user for credentials and often requires a reboot. No other station on the network has this problem. 4 of the 14 stations are Windows 7 the rest are Windows XP Sp3. The Exchange 2010 server is running a self-signed certificate that I have deployed to the domain using a GPO that installs it as a Trusted CA.

On the workstation,I have removed and rebuilt the users Outlook profile. I have changed the connection using both RPC-over-HTTP and then again a direct connection with no http proxy. I have run repairs on Office 2010. I have run Outlook with a dbug log but i have not yet had time to look at the log.

On the server. The certificate was generated on the Exchange server and has the common name mail.mydomain.com + the SANS autodiscover.mydomain.com,outlook.mydomain.com and Netbios Name. I have checked the IIS7 settings and enabled Kernal Mode Authentication on EWS,OAB,OWA,RPC,RPCwithCert. And still this workstation continute to prompt.

Any help is appreciated.

OWA works without issue from both inside and outside. I am testing the User profile on my Windows XP desktop now to see how it responds. I setup Outlook with the Autodiscovery settings which required hot fix kb2281463 to fix error 0x80070057. I will update the results

If only 1 workstation prompts, I wouldn't look at the server configs.

Ensure that Outlook is up to date on patches. Which credentials pop up do you get and do you get the proxy certificate pop up too? Are you in cached or online mode?

When it asks for creds, are you in disconnected state in Outlook?

Have you tried dropping the computer out of the domain and back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back