Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 Server / 2 DHCP Scopes / 2 Subnets / 3 VLANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterlyttle

Technical User
Nov 6, 2006
GB
Hello,

Can someone please help me figure this one out.

I have 1 Microsoft 2008 Server (10.0.0.10) on the 10.0.0.0/24 VLAN 100 with 2 DHCP Scopes 10.0.1.0/24 and 10.0.2.0/24

10.0.1.0/24 is VLAN 102 and used for PCs
10.0.2.0/24 is VLAN 103 and used for Cisco Phones (has the option 150 on it for TFTP servers)

I have set the "ip helper-address 10.0.0.10" on each VLAN on my layer 3 cisco switch. Therefore a device on either subnet/vlan can get a DHCP Address (but from either scope).

My question is how do I force 10.0.1.0/24 to use the scope for PCs and 10.0.2.0/24 to use the scope for Cisco Phones? I'm trying to avoid having to use NAP and use some DHCP options.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Peter

Wrong forum.....

Cisco switches and Cisco IP Phones? Then just configure your ports as access ports with a Voice/Auxiliary VLAN. CDP tells the IP Phones what the Voice VLAN is and that's it. The phones tag the packets with the Voice VLAN, the PC piggy-backed off the phone uses untagged packets.

Code:
interface FastEthernet0/1
 switchport mode access
 switchport access vlan 10 !! Untagged VLAN
 switchport voice vlan 20 !! Tagged VLAN

Andy

Wrong forum? The question was regarding Microsoft Windows Server DHCP options.... (The Cisco stuff was purely background)

However I believe as the DHCP server sees the gateway address from the requesting client it automatically allocates the correct DHCP scope as this value is populated in the 003 Router Option.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back