Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 PRI 2 seperate routes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2013
US
Hello, Its been a while but still running my Option 11c... This may be a silly questions but is there anyway to have a channel/channels pri(23) go to different route? looking to do some testing and currently using gateway device to intercept telco PRI... I'm successful passing calls through to the Option 11 but would like to add a route to allow direct DN to be dialed... Currently I can only call the IDC of an extention through PRI... It didnt seem like I could by changing a specific trunk TN to new route while keeping same member number... Trying not to disrupt service if you could imagine...

Thanks!

Only 1 D-Channel per card is allowed, so no. However, it is done quite regularly where a single PRI from the Telco carries the main # as well as DID's, no need for separate routes

10:4! Is there a non evaisive way to allow Direct DN dial on the route? I was assuming that you have to disable IDC on route to acheive this...

You can use IDC in conjunction with DID. The rule is though the DID digits sent from the CO have to match the DN in the switch

913-222-3000 as a DID call would have to match extension 3000, or you have to create an IDC table to manipulate the digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back