Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 NT server giving problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2003
US
Here's the scenario. I have One server in house that's still running NT 4.0. All of the workstations are mostly running windows 2000 professional. For some reason, me the Administrator can't make any changes to anything. I can't load any programs to any of the workstations, I can't change any internet settings on the workstations, I can't view settings, I can't do anything. I keep getting the error message equivalent to "you're not an admin," so you can't do this. I have no idea what the problem is. I have logged into the machine as an administrator, as well as log directly to the network as an administrator. I can't do anything. Now for some strange reason all of the network settings for the internet have changed. No one can get to the internet, it's a mess. What could the problem be?

All of this was set up before I came to the company, as of yet, no one has been able to get through it.

HELP

Are you saying your running a Windows NT server (Domain Controller) or Windows 2000 based domain.

Can you log into and make changes on the domain controller?

Are the workstations properly joined to the domain?

Are you using a Domain Admin or a local admin account to try and load software or make changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back