Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

1 for english 2 for..? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

armytechie

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2005
US
I had one of my analyst pose this question to me.

Do you know how to setup call pilot voicemail extension and have press 1 for English and press 2 for French choices?

I'm a little stumped any help would be greatly appreciated

If you want the caller to hear those choices up front, you need to make that ext. a SDN, and build an application for it. Very easy to do.

Would you happen to have an example capture, literally the first time for me in 10 years. thanks in adavance

I will give an example, but first need to know if the caller will get these options up front, meaning I call 455-5555, and hear "thank you for calling x y z. For Spanish, press 1, for english, press 2 or stay on the line.

Is this what you are looking to accomplish?

Open Application builder. Opt for a new application. You will need an announcement block, menu block, and perhaps a time of day block. Build out your menu and time of day, record your announcements, and save the application. Then assign a Service Directory Number to it. When building the SDN, you will define or select the application in the “Application Name” field.

Open Call Pilot manager, there are 7 tabs.
-Choose the system tab.
-The 3rd option from the top will be Service Directory Number. Choose new.
- Don’t forget to assign your new application in the “Application Name” field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back